Ability & Bloodline Rules
These are the site rules governing Character, Clan and Village based abilities. In this case, you can consider Hiden, Kinjutsu, Curse Techniques, Blood Limits, and being a Samurai as an Ability of your Character. (Only 1 Per Character without an Implant)
(侍) are a military power similar to shinobi, though not nearly as widespread. All samurai are practiced Bukijutsu users, into which they channel their chakra. This allows them to extend the reach of their attacks, alter the shape to appear as other weapons, and launch the chakra across distances as crescents of energy. Samurai are typically taught Iaidō (居合道) to increase the speed at which they draw and sheath their swords, allowing them to attack before opposing shinobi can perform the hand seals required to use ninjutsu. The Third Tsuchikage claims that any shinobi would be foolish to challenge the samurai of the Land of Iron.Requirements:
Land of Iron or Rogue SamuraiHiden
(秘伝, Literally meaning: secret tradition) or simply "secret" techniques are passed down from generation to generation in certain regions or clans. The groups who possess these techniques are usually extremely secretive about them in order to ensure that no one other than the members of the group or clan learns them. As such, they are passed down through oral means instead of being written down or recorded. A few hiden techniques require a special ability or lineage and as such are usually the pride and fame of the clan that possesses them. Many, but not all, hiden techniques are rooted in Yin or Yang Release.Requirements:
(呪術, Viz: Curse Jutsu, Literally meaning: Curse Technique
) are a type of techniques that harm the enemy by cursing them. They work similar to juinjutsu, however, the user doesn't have to apply a seal on the enemy to curse them. Requirements:
Clan and Religion Kekkei Genkai
(血継限界, Literally meaning: Bloodline Limit) is an anomaly of the DNA that allows the wielder to use unique techniques. A kekkei genkai's name describes both the anomaly and the resulting technique. Most kekkei genkai are passed down between generations of a clan, an exception being Hashirama Senju's Wood Release. Likewise, most individuals only inherit one kekkei genkai, but Mei Terumī is known to naturally possess two. Generally speaking, there are three types of kekkei genkai: (Limited by Character Rank; includes Implants: Below S-Rank: 1 Maximum, S-Rank/Kage/Bijuu: 2 Maximum, Legendary Sannin: 3 Maximum,
Six Paths Chakra: Can have All)
- Dōjutsu (瞳術, English TV: Visual Jutsu, Literally meaning: Eye Techniques) are ninja abilities that utilise the eyes, a by-product of specific kekkei genkai or kekkei mōra. The word refers to both the eyes themselves, which have a number of passive abilities, and any jutsu dependent on the eyes to be performed; the former requires little to no chakra to be used, while the latter varies depending on the technique. Dōjutsu can be transplanted into others, though use of the dōjutsu is typically more limited or taxing for those without a genetic predisposition for it. While the user's eyes can be overused and dōjutsu can be prevented from being accessed for a period of time, it doesn't mean the user will be exhausted and they can still use other techniques. Of all the known dōjutsu, the Byakugan, Rinnegan, and Sharingan are collectively known as the Three Great Dōjutsu (三大瞳術, San Daidōjutsu, English TV: Three Great Visual Jutsu, Literally meaning: Three Great Eye Techniques).
- Combined Nature Transformations: By using two or three basic nature transformations simultaneously, one can create a completely new elemental nature with unique properties that wouldn't exist on its own. However, doing this requires a kekkei genkai or, if three elements are used, a kekkei tōta. It is further stated that those with the ability to combine the elemental nature transformations possess an affinity for the chakra natures they must simultaneously use.
- Body Modification: Certain kekkei genkai grant their users unrivaled ways of using their own bodies. Twin brothers Sakon and Ukon can merge their own or the bodies of unrelated people. Kimimaro's Shikotsumyaku enables him to freely manipulate his bones, such as growing an additional spine for him to wield like a whip. Jūgo's body passively absorbs natural energy, allowing him to use senjutsu without requiring any training.
(血継淘汰, Literally meaning: Bloodline Selection) is an advanced branch of jutsu that is more advanced than the jutsu class of kekkei genkai. The only known example is Dust Release, a combination of three different nature transformations — earth, wind, and fire.Requirements:
(血継網羅, Literally meaning: Bloodline Encompassing) is an advanced branch of jutsu unique to Kaguya Ōtsutsuki and her direct bloodline. All of Kaguya's techniques were classified as kekkei mōra; beyond these examples, what exactly classifies a kekkei mōra is unknown. What can be determined, however, is that it does not strictly follow the same guidelines as a kekkei genkai or kekkei tōta, for instance: only Kaguya's Byakugan and Hagoromo's Rinnegan are classified as a kekkei mōra, while all others are kekkei genkai. (Grants all three Kekkei Genkai types and sometimes multiples of those types.) Requirements:
Ōtsutsuki Clan and 6k Words of TrainingKinjutsu
(禁術, Literally meaning: Forbidden Techniques) are techniques that have been banned from being taught or used. This ban could have been put in place for any number of reasons. This may include techniques belonging to certain other abilities as well, unless the ability itself is also Kinjutsu. Kinjutsu Rank
is Naruto Cataclysm's stat beyond S-Rank for Techniques/Jutsu, Stats and Abilities. It will go no further than a maximum of 3000
stats at any point in any stat.
Kinjutsu can generally be put in one or more of four categories:
- Techniques that cause harm to the user themselves, such as the Wind Release: Rasenshuriken, which the mere use of is both highly useful as well as detrimental to the user. Although, with training, a user can overcome this weakness by compensating for it, enabling them to use the technique without any consequences, such as Naruto's throwing of the Rasenshuriken to avoid damaging himself. However, there are some that cannot avoid self-harm/sacrifice, such as Dead Demon Consuming Seal or Creation Rebirth.
- Techniques that violate the laws of nature (e.g. Outer Path — Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique, and the Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation, which reincarnates the dead with a human sacrifice).
- Certain techniques that are known to cause massive collateral damage, such as the total destruction of a village and end with the death of everyone in it, thus the great moral ramifications of its potential lead many to labeling it as a forbidden technique (e.g. the Fury technique, which appeared only in the anime).
- Techniques which modify all or part of the user's internal or external anatomy or genetic make up that are not other Abilities listed in Definitions above. This does not include techniques that simply enhance the user's/technique stats with outward Chakra Flow, but modifies what their original body can do; such as removing limits on the body's Tenketsu with Eight Gates and Iwagakure Kinjutsu which modifies the user's palms and chest with an addition mouth with abilities. Some techniques which do this to a lesser degree may be accepted at staff digression at S-Rank. (e.g. Earth Grudge Fear, Eight Gates, Iwagakure Kinjutsu)
- All Abilities, Techniques/Jutsu, and Stats that stack beyond S-Rank are considered Kinjutsu Rank. This means that if any stat reaches over 2000 stats; it is considered Kinjutsu Rank at that point.
Forbidden Mastery Nindo SkillHow to Gain Abilities
To gain an ability you simply need to follow the requirements, join a Canon Clan, or Register your own Custom Clan. Then create your own Custom Ability for your clan in regards to the site rules.Passive Abilities
Most or all of Abilities are considered innate and therefore passive. This may be true, but all abilities require an activation. Activation
Activation is the moment a passive ability becomes active, such as activating the Sharingan. The speed of this activation will be determined by your Character's Chakra Stat according to the stat rules. Any clashes in activation of passive abilities involves the user's Chakra as their "speed" of activation versus their opponent's/technique's Speed or their Dexterity (which is the speed of activation for Ninjutsu and Genjutsu). See Stat Clashes for more details. Custom Abilities
Register your Custom Abilities here
. Once, your custom Ability has been approved by a staff member, post the link in your character Update Page. When it's approved you can use it IC without it being voided. Heavily Monitored Abilities
This list excludes the Canon Jutsu which require these abilities, however don't be surprised if anything you create that falls under this list is denied. These abilities will cost 2x Chakra and/or Life Force.
About Ability TemplateClan Name:
- Time-Space Manipulation Abilities
- Gravity Manipulation Abilities
- Void Manipulation Abilities
- Slowing/Controlling Time Abilities (Not like the Sharingan's Ability of perception.)
- Microscopic/Cellular Manipulation
- Reincarnation Abilities
- Spiritual/Ghost/Phantom/Phasing Techniques
- A Broader term Absolute Powers [Six Paths of Pein Abilities]
- Reality Warping (Izanagi)
- Creation Techniques
- Any ability/Technique with Range exceeding 1000 meters or 1 kilometer.
- Kekkei Mora/Tota and Multiple KKGs.
- Religion based Abilities [e.g. Jashin]
- Advanced Level Yin and Yang Releases including the two combined. [Usually attained via Hiden/Blood Limit or Cursed Technique.
- Gigantic Abilities/Techniques with their own Nindo Stats and/or Skills. Consider the following chart. A Complete Body Susanoo is considered 500m in height and Sage Art Wood Release: True Several Thousand Hands is 800m in height; be logical with width, rank, and power comparisons. Exceptions may include Calorie Control Hiden and Summons.
The name of the clan who possesses the ability. Ability Name:
The name of the Bloodline, Hiden, Kinjutsu, or Curse Technique.Natures:
If Any.Ability Description:
What your ability can do. This includes, Advanced Elements, Dojutsu, Body Modification Kekkei Genkai, Hiden, Kinjutsu, and Curse Techniques. This will be heavily scrutinized as most abilities will only be used through techniques.
- Ability Stats:
Place any boosts to the user or their technique’s stats here; they are also to be included in the description.Skill Boosts:
Here you gain 1
Point to use for 1
Unique Chakra, or 1
new Nindo Skill or Upgrade to existing. [Must follow existing guidelines and limits concerning each.]Duration:
How many posts the technique lasts.Derived Jutsu:Users:
[b]Ability Name:[/b] The name of the Bloodline, Hiden, Kinjutsu, or Curse Technique.
[b]Natures:[/b] If Any.
[i][u][b]Ability Description:[/b][/u][/i] What your ability can do.
[spoiler="Ability Stats"][b]Range: [/b] How far the ability can reach. May not be applicable; place an N/A
[b]Distance:[/b] Is it Self-Applied, Melee, or Ranged?
[b]Cost:[/b] The amount of Chakra or Life Force paid to activate.
[b]Upkeep:[/b] Cost per post the keep a technique in effect.
[b]Persistence:[/b] These are Instant, Action, and Control. Click here for more information. [/spoiler]
[i]Duration:[/i] How many posts the technique lasts.