Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-04-23
|Subject: Genjutsu Rules Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 am|| |
Due to the powerful nature of the art known as Genjutsu, like technique specific rules, requires its own set of rules and guidelines to create a fair RP on NC.
Using and Creating Genjutsu Techniques
Genjutsu is created when a ninja controls the chakra flow of the opponent's cerebral nervous system, thereby affecting their five senses. Those with special abilities like the Uchiha clan's Sharingan — which can cast generic Genjutsu — or with high intelligence have an easier time executing and countering Genjutsu. This is what all custom Genjutsu require;
- All A-Rank and above else deemed by staff require hand signs. Otherwise "X" amount of preparation posts are required as follows;
- D-Rank; None
- C-Rank; 1 Post
- B-Rank; 2 Posts
- A-Rank; 3 Posts
- S-Rank; 4 Posts
- Kinjutsu-Rank; 5 Posts
A Trigger: (A trigger is something that happens illusory that signifies that you have used a Genjutsu. To your opponent it seems as though something has actually happened not knowing that you have used a Genjutsu unless they have good Intelligence and can detect the usage of a Genjutsu instantly. For Example: the trigger to this Genjutsu is the light that captures those in the room. Also Genjutsu triggers must capture the opponent's attention before they are caught. This means the opponent must perceive or signify the trigger in some fashion to be caught in the technique. Whether this is implied or stated or left vague it is fair game for the user to get creative.
Mental Effect: (This determines where the trapped target is psychologically. Genjutsu attack the mind or something we've come to know as will of a target. Genjutsu transports the mind to wherever the user can imagine with their technique. Meanwhile their body is still in reality so we need to know what happens when their minds are trapped. Here are the types that must be explicitly stated on all Genjutsu;
Paralysis: The body is paralyzed and cannot move during the Genjutsu.
Unconsciousness: The body can't handle the mental stress and blacks out.
POTG (Pretense of the Genjutsu): The body can move freely, but due to the disruption of the senses, cannot operate accurately or effectively depending on the technique. This is also the type used to take control or hypnotize enemies.
List of Senses Genjutsu can Target
*To be able to create Genjutsu one must have the Genjutsu Specialist class.
- Sight: A common target of most Genjutsu. A user may make themselves appear to be somewhere else and attack the victim from behind or change the environment to make the victim see a flat plain where there is a steep cliff.
- Sound: Shikamaru Nara states that among Genjutsu the most dangerous are those that affect the opponent with sound allowing the user to stay out of sight. Tayuya is a great example of this sound-based, long-range type of combat.
- Touch: A prime example of this type of Genjutsu would be the forbidden technique Izanami, which records the physical sensations and locks the enemy in an escapable loop.
- Taste: Not generally a sense heavily targeted in the show but has creative possibilities on NC.
- Smell: Another sense not heavily targeted in the show, which has many dangerous applications and possibilities nearly to the extent of sight and sound.
Your Intelligence Nindo Stat will determine the potency, range, and effects of a Genjutsu;
- No Skill: Cannot create custom Genjutsu.
- Practitioner: Can create Genjutsu that target (1) sense except Sound/Smell, and affect 0-2 enemies. Can only render targets unconscious/paralyzed after (4) posts if successfully implemented. 15m Max Range - Max Duration (4) Posts
- Expert: Can create Genjutsu that target (2) senses except Sound, and affect 3-4 enemies. Can only render targets unconscious/paralyzed after (3) posts if successfully implemented. 25m Max Range - Max Duration (6) Posts
- Mastery: Can create Genjutsu that target (3) senses, and affect 7-9 enemies. Can only render targets unconscious/paralyzed after (2) posts if successfully implemented. 35m Max Range - Max Duration ( 8 ) Posts
- Great Mastery: Can create Genjutsu that target (4) senses, and can affect any number of enemies. Can render targets unconscious/paralyzed after (1) post if successfully implemented. 40m Max Range - Max Duration (10) Posts
- Forbidden Mastery: Can create Genjutsu that target (all) senses, and can affect any number of enemies. Can render targets unconscious/paralyzed after (1) post if successfully implemented. 50m Max Range - Max Duration (None)
Despite the powerful effects of Genjutsu, there are known ways of countering them. On NC, even if you are paralyzed by a Genjutsu, you may still use one of the countering methods below if applicable and your character has the correct skills to identify, then stop the Genjutsu. However there is a price to be paid depending on the level of Genjutsu you intend to counter and what method you choose to use. Also getting knocked unconscious means you can't use some of these methods.
- The ninja needs to stop the flow of chakra in their body, and then apply an even stronger power to disrupt the flow of the caster's chakra; this is called Genjutsu Dissipation (幻術解, Genjutsu Kai). This can also be done by an unaffected ninja by applying a sudden surge of chakra into the affected person. In addition, tailed beasts can break their jinchūriki out of genjutsu in a similar fashion if they have a good enough cooperation, as seen in Killer B's case.
- You pay Chakra to Release Genjutsu with Genjutsu Kai; you pay the number of the technique’s Intelligence stat.
Another is through intense pain not caused by the genjutsu and utilizing the resulting pain to bring their senses back in order (of the first two options, the latter seems more effective in most situations, or at least is the easiest). The amount of pain needed to restart the senses correlates directly with your Strength, Speed, and Dexterity Nindo Stats. Inflicting bodily injury to oneself will directly affect your character’s physicality if only temporarily;
E-Rank: Requires a minor scratch. Reduces Speed Nindo Stat by -50 for 1 post.
D-Rank: Requires a minor scratch. Reduces Speed Nindo Stat by -100 for 1 post.
C-Rank: Requires a cut at least 1 inch deep, and 2 inches wide. Reduces Strength Nindo Stat by -100 for 2 posts.
B-Rank: Requires a cut at least 1 inch deep, and 4 inches wide OR (1) small broken joint such as a finger. Reduces Strength, and Speed Nindo Stats by -200 for 3 posts.
A-Rank: Requires a cut at least 2 inches deep, and 6 inches wide OR a broken limb such as a finger. Reduces Strength, Speed, and Dexterity Nindo Stats by -300 for 4 posts.
S-Rank: Requires intense pain, the removal of a whole limb or (2) broken limbs OR a cut at least 4 inches deep, and 8 inches wide. Reduces Strength, Speed, and Dexterity Nindo Stats by -400 for 6 posts.
Kinjutsu: Requires intense pain, the removal of (2) whole limbs or (4) broken limbs OR a cut at least 6 inches deep, and 10 inches wide. Reduces Strength, Speed, and Dexterity Nindo Stats by -500 for 6 posts.
Custom Genjutsu Countering
Countering Genjutsu with a custom technique is allowed. However there are some guidelines that must be acknowledged.
- You can only counter what you perceive. This is determined by your Intelligence Nindo Stat. If your character isn’t smart enough to identify they are under a Genjutsu then there is no countering it.
- Fuuinjutsu that seal chakra from a Genjutsu must have at least Mastery Nindo Skill in Genjutsu, and must have high enough Intelligence Nindo Stat to perceive that they are in a Genjutsu. A Fuuinjutsu Expert or above is required for this.
- Custom Genjutsu Kai techniques follow the same stipulations as regular Genjutsu Kai although they may have unique properties besides the releasing of the Genjutsu.
- Custom Medical Ninjutsu cannot be used to release Genjutsu.